Thursday, April 22, 2010

A week in Houston


I ran some errands last friday came home and was unloading the groceries. Sarah called and was trying to tell me her house was broken into while she was on a photo shoot. I got off the phone with her because the cops had just gotten there. I was in such a state of confusion I didn't know what to do. My mother wondered if I should go out to Houston and I immediately said yes. In 30 minutes I was packed and ready to go. I made some calls and took off. It was Friday afternoon traffic but I had a very calm feeling and the drive went well. I will be  heading back in the morning a week later. But, I have seen their safety is in check and Elizabeth has wonderful parents. I watched my son in law and daughter go through a tough week as I watched Elizabeth for them. I saw a father take care of his family better than any father could ever do. Ryan was such a protector and I know as I leave tomorrow he will take care of the other two people I love. I had a great time and got to know my family in a whole new light. Yes, I know Sarah and she is a light in my life. Elizabeth is love. But, Ryan, is such a great husband and father. I am so blessed to have this family as mine. To see them laugh together and pray together I truly know God has put them together!!! 



Just some random art I found in the midst of chaos. 










No comments:

Post a Comment